[task: we are missing Mins files for the following dates Sept 27th - Oct 4th, Oct 6th - 8th and Oct. 11th, 12th and the 14th. For details on how to help fill the gaps check out this discussion ]

General Assembly Meeting Minutes and Summary Archive

(Instructions for Uploading Minutes)
Learn about the General Assembly

GA #22, Saturday, October 22th 2011 @ Camp


No General Assembly on Friday, October 21th 2011 @ Camp


GA_Minutes_Oct_20_2011_Evening.rtf

-The GA ratified a proposal by the Facilitation Working Group:
  • The Facilitators Working Group (FWG) proposes, starting on Sunday, October 23, that OccupyBoston move to a schedule of conducting General Assembly on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM, and in case of emergencies.
  • The FWG proposes that all Working Groups hold at least one publicly accessible, weekly meeting -- except Legal WG, whose meetings are necessarily confidential. The day and time and place of the meeting is to be posted on the OccupyBoston website, and made available to the Info tent and the Media scheduling boards. The meeting will be facilitated as a horizontal democracy using a consensus decision-making process. During the non-GA evenings, there will be facilitated discussions and debates starting 7pm, on issues that interest the Occupy Boston community. Topics for these non-GA nights should be proposed in advance by individuals or Working Groups during General Assembly.
  • The FWG offers its services to all Working Groups who wish to be trained in a consensus process, and, if needed, can help Working Groups with the facilitation of their first scheduled public meeting.
- The GA passed a resolution in solidarity with Occupy the Hood (see Occupyboston.org)
-Announcements
  • Tech -- Sat from noon to nineish we'll be training WG to set up email lists, addresses, domain names, etc.
  • Outreach -- there are flyering kits for various events at the flying table. Contact us at occupybostonoutreach@gmail.com, also at the welcome area
  • Occupy boston globe -- Kickstarter is close to 6K of 8K! still need presses to donate printings or discount printings. if anyone knows of any presses please come find me!
  • We also need more writers, we need profiles from the camp, local stories, stories of economic disenfranchisement, disconnect w/ elected representatives, and Occupies around MA. Also we need liaisons from WGs, we need info from you to post. When we print dailies, this is how to get info out! Email us at submit@occupybostonglobe.com, or e-mail me at danieljoshuaschneider3@gmail.com
  • DA has two actions planned this weekend. Friday we are going to this thing in MA. Meet here at 4:30! We'll take the silver line. Saturday we will be doing something in cooperation with OtH at the police station by the Ruggles stop. It is National Stop Police Brutality day. Meet here at 11.
  • Free School University: Meeting sat at 3p; we need more volunteers and someone here Tue Wed Thurs for daytime help. Even one person any day, half a day, whenever you can be there.

GA #20 Wednesday, October 19th 2011 @ Camp

Informal GA due to rain, guided by one or two facilitators and not making official decisions. Not enough Facilitators to facilitate a formal GA.

GA #19 Tuesday, October 18th 2011 @Camp

--Native Solidary Group reads UAINE's response to Occupy Boston's Statement of Solidarity with Indigenous Peoples (endorsed Oct. 8)
--GA tables Direct Action's proposal to rent a charter bus for traveling to other Occupy cities
--GA tables proposal for Occupy Boston color (blue, and purple discussed, both tabled)
--GA tables individual proposal for Mission Statement of Occupy Boston.
--Media Working Group meeting (all can attend) 9pm tomorrow (Wednesday 10/20)
--Noam Chomsky will speak on SATURDAY (not Wednesday) see occupyboston.org.
--Thursday night (time TBA, see Media releases) Roxbury event: Hibernian Hall event celebrating Roxbury organizing
--The Asheville (NC) Tranzmission Prison Project (http://
www.facebook.com/tranzmissionprisonproject) is doing a tour and has
agreed to do a workshop for occupyboston folk. They would like to do
this workshop at 2pm on Saturday the 22nd and meet at the Gandhi
statue. At this point, there is limit to the amount of people who can
attend.

GA #18 Monday, October 17th 2011 @Camp

-GA ratifies Tech Working Group (OBIT)'s proposal towards security measure:

"For both security and political reasons, the Occupy Boston Information Technology (OBIT) Working Group proposes that all working groups move off of Google Groups and onto mailing lists hosted by May First/People Link. In addition, and for the same reasons, we propose using our own domain—occupyboston.org—for working-group email addresses. This transfer should occur by November 1, with training and support supplied by OBIT."

-Finance Working Group announces formation of the Finance Accountability Group, meetings open to all
-Noam Chomsky will speak on Wednesday Oct 19 at 6:15 before GA.
-Direct Action in planning for an event on National Police Brutality Day, Saturday.
-Free School University events (see their events calendar on occupybostonglobe.com)
-Labor event [needs to be edited]
-Individual Proposal of a "Declaration of Occupation" presented to GA, retracted for further work.
--Individual Proposal Roadmap to Horizontal Democracy and Economic Justice.

GA #17 Sunday, October 16th 2011 @Camp

Short GA tonight (Working Group announcements and individual announcements only) due to Anti-Racism and Oppression workshop.

GA #16 Saturday, October 15 @Camp
-The GA passed a proposal from the Finance Working re:accountable and transparent finance system for Occupy Boston. TBA on Finance Working Group's page.
- Outreach: We are seeking 100 supporters to join eviction blockade with City LIfe / Vida Urbana this Monday. Monday 10/17, there will be an eviction blockade and rally at a home that is being foreclosed on in Malden. Contact: Katie (katie.gradowski@gmail.com) or with Nicole at the direct action.
-Tech: There is now a new "I'm being arrested" App for download. Check Tech Working Group site for info.

GA #15 Friday, October 14 @Camp

[task: mins file]
Short GA due to rain.
- Passed proposal to reschedule Anti-Opression workshop to Sunday.
- Proposal brought that OB participate in Sunday's World Food Day. By this time, we did not have quorum.

GA #14 Thursday, October 13th @Camp

-GA passes Resolution:

United with the World for Global Democracy

On 15th October 2011, united in our diversity, united for global change, we demand global democracy: global governance by the people, for the people. Inspired by our sisters and brothers in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Bahrain, New York, Palestine-Israel, Spain and Greece, we too call for a regime change: a global regime change. In the words of Vandana Shiva, the Indian activist, today we demand replacing the G8 with the whole of humanity – the G 7,000,000,000.
Undemocratic international institutions are our global Mubarak, our global Assad, our global Gaddafi. These include: the IMF, the WTO, global markets, multinational banks, the G8G20, the European Central Bank and the UN Security Council. Like Mubarak and Assad, these institutions must not be allowed to run people’s lives without their consent. We are all born equal, rich or poor, woman or man. Every African and Asian is equal to every European and American. Our global institutions must reflect this, or be overturned.
Today, more than ever before, global forces shape people’s lives. Our jobs, health, housing, education and pensions are controlled by global banks, markets, tax-havens, corporations and financial crises. Our environment is being destroyed by pollution in other continents. Our safety is determined by international wars and international trade in arms, drugs and natural resources. We are losing control over our lives. This must stop. This will stop. The citizens of the world must get control over the decisions that influence them in all levels – from global to local. That is global democracy. That is what we demand today.
Today, like the Mexican Zapatistas, we say “¡Ya basta! Aquí el pueblo manda y el gobierno obedece”: Enough! Here the people command and global institutions obey! Like the Spanish Tomalaplaza we say “Democracia Real Ya”: True global democracy now!” Today we call the citizens of the world: let us globalise Tahrir Square! Let us globalise Puerta del Sol!
Follow it on Facebook from October 14th: http://www.facebook.com/pages/United-for-Global-Democracy/281998261825102

Discuss it on Twitter with the hashtag #globaldemocracy
Endorsements: Noam Chomsky,Vandana Shiva, Eduardo Galeano, Michael Hardt, Naomi Klein, Tim Gee, Nicola Vallinoto- Council member of the World Federalist Movement, ATTAC Spain, ATTAC France, Egality London, Egality Berlin, War on Want – London, Globalise Resistance – London, Uncut UK, Uncut Italy, DRY International, Gaia Foundation, Democracia Real – Argentina, General Assembly Puerta del Sol – Madrid, General Assembly London, General Assembly Buenos Aires, General Assembly Sao Paulo, General Assembly Manchester

GA #13 Wednesday, October 12 @Camp

[task: mins file and summary]

GA #12 Tuesday, October 11 @Camp

[task: mins file and summary]

GA #11 Monday, October 10 @Camp

[task: summary]

GA #10 Sunday, October 9 @Camp

[task: summary]

GA Archive Week #2 October 2nd to October 8th 2011 (GA Meetings #3-9)


GA Archive Week #1 September 27th to October 1st 2011 (GA Planning 1,2 and 3 + GA 1 and 2)